ISLAMABAD, June 11, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly resumed general discussion on the Provincial budget 2017-18 on Sunday, reports Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during third sitting of 25th session:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for two hours and 34 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1416 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- Forty-two members (34%) were present at the start and 36 (29%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker presided over entire proceedings while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for an hour and 15 minutes and the Opposition Leader for two hours and five minutes while Finance Minister was present in entire sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, JI, PML-N and QWP attended the sitting.
- One minority member was present.
- Four members applied for the leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Fifteen lawmakers – PTI (five), PML-N (four), JUI-F and ANP (two each), PPPP and JI (one each) – took part in the debate on annual budget 2017-18. The discussion continued for two hours and 39 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PTI lawmaker walked out at 1620 hours for not getting development funds for his constituency and did not return to the House until the adjournment.
- Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…
ISLAMABAD, September 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills on Monday amid opposition’s protest, observes Fee and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, September 10, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) left 90 percent agenda unaddressed on Friday due to protest of lawmakers belonging to…