ISLAMABAD, June 27, 2013: Starting an hour and two minutes late, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly started debate on the supplementary budget for the year 2012-13 in the ninth sitting of the ongoing second session. Seven members discussed the supplementary budget for 30 minutes.
The sitting lasted two hours and five minutes. The House took a break of 48 minutes.
Forty-eight members were present at the outset while 55 were there at the end of the sitting. A maximum of 72 members were present at one point of sitting.
The Speaker chaired the entire sitting. The Chief Minister and the parliamentary leaders of JI, ANP, AJIP and the only member of APML attended the sitting.
Following are some key observations of the parliamentary business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The KP Assembly met for two hours and five minutes. The House took a break of 48 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1702 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours, witnessing the delay of an hour and two minutes.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting. The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister and the Finance Minister were present throughout the proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition was absent.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, ANP, AJIP and the only member of APML attended the sitting. The parliamentary leaders of JUIF, QWPS and PPPP did not attend the sitting.
- Forty-eight members were present at the outset while 55 were there at the end of the sitting. A maximum of 72 members were present at one point of sitting.
- All the three minority members on the reserved seats attended the sitting.
- Six members applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House debated the supplementary budget for the year 2012-13.
- Seven members – three of PMLN while one each of PTI, JUIF, ANP and PPPP – took part in the general discussion on the supplementary budget. They discussed it for 30 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- No instance of protest, walkout, or boycott observed during the sitting.
- A member raised a Point of Order during the sitting.
- List of Business (agenda) was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information on members’ attendance was not available to the observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN Alumni Trust, a member organization of FAFEN
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted two resolutions and passed a government bill titled The Prisons (Amendment) Bill,…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted eight supplementary resolutions after the suspension of rules, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn the remarks…