ISLAMABAD, September 11, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) on Friday discussed Chakdara-Chitral CPEC Route and witnessed presentation of three statutory reports, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during seventh sitting of the 13th Session:
- The House met for two hours and 40 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1040 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of the Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Fifty (34%) legislators were present at the start and 60 (41%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of BAP, PML, PPPP and PML-N attended the sitting.
- Three minority members were present in the sitting.
- The House witnessed presentation of three statutory reports including annual report of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Revenue Authority for year 2018-2019, and 1st and 2nd biannual Monitoring Report on the Implementation of NFC Award (July-December 2018) and (January-June, 2019).
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five out of six starred questions. In addition, lawmakers asked four supplementary questions.
- The Special Assistant for Local Government responded to a Call Attention Notice regarding provincial government’s provision of land ownership to the people of Swat district according to stamp papers. The other CAN remained unaddressed due to absence of lawmaker, which was related to the exclusion of Barikot-Patrak & Patrak-Sharingal hydro power project schemes from World Bank package by the provincial government.
- Eight lawmakers debated Chakdara-Chitral CPEC Route for an hour and 25 minutes. The House did not hold discussion on Billion Tree Afforestation Project.
- Moved by ANP lawmakers, the House referred a privilege motion against MD Tourism to the relevant committee.
- A joint privilege motion of PTI and ANP lawmakers against misbehavior of UBL bank staff was also referred to concerned committee.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 14, 2020 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Senate transacted most of its agenda on Friday and consumed almost one third of the proceedings in points of public…
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday without taking up any of the agenda item as the government could not manage to…
ISLAMABAD, October 22, 2020: The Senate deferred debate regarding hike in prices of medicines, electricity and basic food items and consumed major part of the…