ISLAMABAD, March 22, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly held discussion on the law and order situation in the province on Tuesday during fourth sitting of its 16th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The KP Assembly met for three hours and six minutes while the proceeding remained suspended for 15 minutes due to lack of quorum and 35 minutes for prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1517 hours against its scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- 15 MPAs (12%) were present at outset and 14 (11%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of ANP, JUI-F, and PML-N were present.
- One minority member was present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eight lawmakers discussed the issues related to law & order in the province for 85 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on two points of order consuming six minutes of the proceeding.
- The proceeding remained suspended for 15 minutes due to lack of quorum pointed out by a PTI lawmaker at 1524 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…