ISLAMABAD, September 1, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed the recent wave of price hike and unemployment in the province, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are the key observations of the House proceedings during third sitting of the 13th session:
- The House met for four hours and five minutes.
- The sitting started at 1545 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 60 (41%) legislators were present at the start and 55 (38%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, ANP, MMAP, BAP and PML attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present in the sitting.
- Introduced by Special Assistant for Local Government the House passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Urban Areas Development Authority Bill, 2020.
- Special Assistant for Local Government also introduced the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Delimitation of Local Councils (Repeal) Bill, 2020 in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up eight out of nine starred questions. In addition, lawmakers asked four supplementary questions.
- The House took up two Call Attention Notices regarding closures of hospitals in Peshawar and employments of grade 16 and 17 in district directorate offices.
- As many as eleven lawmakers spoke on the recent wave of price hike and unemployment in the province consuming two hours.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as two lawmakers spoke on Points of Order consuming four minutes of the proceedings.
- A PPPP lawmaker staged walkout from the house for nine minutes when chair did not allow him to speak on Point of Order.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on September 4, 2020 (Friday) at 1000 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, April 16, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted its entire agenda on Friday amid absence of the leaders of the house…
ISLAMABAD, April 16, 2021: The National Assembly (NA) transacted most of its agenda and consumed 75 percent of the proceedings in points of order related…
ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 80% of its agenda and adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free…