ISLAMABAD, April 16, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly discussed the share of province in Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for the financial year 2018-19, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Tuesday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 16th sitting of the sixth session:
- The Assembly met for an hour and eight minutes.
- The sitting started at 1418 hours against the scheduled time of 1330 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition Leader were absent.
- As many as 42 MPAs (34%) were present at the outset while 29 (23%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- Only the parliamentary leader of ANP attended the proceedings.
- Two out of three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Provincial Minister for Sports moved the KP Youth Development Commission Bill, 2019 which was passed by the House. The bill was earlier introduced in the House on April 8, 2019.
- On behalf of Chief Minister, he also introduced the KP Charities Bill, 2019 in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House held discussion regarding share of province in Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) for the financial year 2018-19. Three lawmakers – one each from MMAP, PPP & PTI – spoke on it for 18 minutes.
- A lawmaker belonging to PTI spoke on the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project for five minutes.
- The Ministers for Sports responded to two Calling Attention Notices (CANs). The first CAN was regarding merger of District Headquarters Hospital Swat into Teaching Hospital while other notice was about digging as well as construction work in the vicinity of mosque Mahabat Khan, Peshawar.
Order and Institutionalization
- As many as five lawmakers spoke on Points of Order consuming 12 minutes of the proceedings.
- The Opposition lawmakers walked out of the proceedings at 1517 hours when the Chair did not allow a PML-N lawmaker to speak on a point of order regarding operation of law enforcement agencies in Hayatabad, Peshawar. They did not return to the House till adjournment of the sitting at 1526 hours.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on April 23, 2019 (Tuesday) at 1330 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ is available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers is not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Punjab did not consider seven resolutions appearing on the agenda and referred one private member’s bill…
ISLAMABAD, February 25, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was adjourned early on Tuesday without addressing questions and Call Attention Notices included in the…
ISLAMABAD, February 24, 2020: The requisitioned session of Provincial Assembly of Punjab started debate on price control and law and order situation on Monday, observes Free…