- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed state of the education in the Province and witnessed introduction of a government bill, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during tenth sitting of the 13th session:
- The House met for two hours and 50 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1045 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 49 (34%) MPAs were present at the outset and 59 (41%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, BAP, PML and ANP attended the sitting.
- Four minority members were present in the sitting.
- Special Assistant to Chief Minister on Local Government introduced the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Private Partnership Bill, 2020 in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up six out of seven starred questions. In addition, lawmakers asked two supplementary questions.
- Provincial Minister for Elementary & Secondary Education responded to two Call attention Notices regarding unavailability of staff and basic facilities in new constructed Government Girls Primary School (GGPS), Hazara and announcement of special package for Tehsil Bara affected due to terrorism wave in past.
- As many as 12 lawmakers debated the state of the education in the Province for an hour and 40 minutes of the proceedings.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted eight supplementary resolutions after suspension of the rules, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan passed five government bills and adopted a resolution condemning publication of blasphemous caricatures in France, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday, condemning blasphemous caricatures as well as French president Emmanuel Macron’s hateful comments against…