ISLAMABAD, August 15, 2018: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa elected its Speaker and Deputy Speaker on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of the second sitting of the first session:
- The KP Assembly met for three hours and 57 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1055 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Presiding Officer appointed by the Governor chaired the entire sitting.
- As many as 108 voted in the election of the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker
Election of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker
- The House elected PTI’s Mushtaq Ghani and Mahmood Jan as its Speaker and the Deputy Speaker, respectively. Mushtaq Ghani got 81 votes against 27 votes of the ANP’s candidate for the Speaker while Mahmood Jan secured 78 votes against 30 votes polled in favour of PML-N’s candidate for the Deputy Speaker. A PPPP and an independent lawmaker were not allowed to cast their vote as they arrived in the House after the polling had completed.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers who were disallowed from voting in the election of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker staged a protest in the House for five minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 16, 2018 (Wednesday) at 1100 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn the remarks…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed state of the education in the Province and witnessed introduction of a…
ISLAMABAD, September 15, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed Billion Tree Afforestation Project and passed a government bill on Tuesday, says Free and…