ISLAMABAD, October 24, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly adopted a resolution to extend the KP Police Ordinance, 2016 in the absence of Leader of the House and the Opposition Leader on Monday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the proceedings of 12th sitting of 21st session:
- The KP Assembly met for 63 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1545 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- 25 lawmakers (20%) were present at the start and 32 (26%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting. Parliamentary leaders of QWP, JI, ANP and PML-N were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- Twelve members applied for leave.
- The House adopted a resolution to extend the KP Police Ordinance, 2016.
- A piece of legislation – the KP Regularization of Services of Teaching Assistant as Lecturers Bill, 2016 – was introduced in the House.
- The House witnessed presentation of a report on 1st Biannual Monitoring on the Implementation of NFC Award (July-December 2015).
Representation and Responsiveness
- Four out of nine Starred Questions were taken up by the House.
- The House took up a Calling Attention Notice (CAN) regarding upgradation of District Headquarters Hospital, Chitral Buni.
- Another CAN on the appointment and transfers against merit in education department of Buner was not taken up by the House due to the absence of mover.
Order and Institutionalization
- Twelve minutes were consumed on two Points of Order.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and other stakeholders.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…