ISLAMABAD, May 28, 2018: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly held last sitting of its current term (2013-18) on Monday skipping its scheduled business amidst lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during the second sitting of the 29th session:
- The KP Assembly met for 13 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1220 hours against the scheduled time 1100 hours.
- A member of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the sitting due to absence of the Speaker.
- The Deputy Speaker’s post is vacant since the election of former Deputy Speaker as Senator on March 12, 2018.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 18 MPAs (15%) were present at outset and 15 (12%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- Only the parliamentary leader of ANP attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmaker were present.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PTI defector lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1228 hours. The Chair ordered to ring the bells for two minutes. On the head count following the bells, less than one-fourth of total membership was found present in the House and the Chair announced the prorogation of the session.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed state of the education in the Province and witnessed introduction of a…
ISLAMABAD, September 15, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed Billion Tree Afforestation Project and passed a government bill on Tuesday, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed a government bill and discussed Chakdara-Chitral CPEC Route on Monday, says Free and Fair…