ISLAMABAD, June 28, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) held general discussion on supplementary budget for the financial year 2020-2021, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Monday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 8th sitting of the 19th session:
- The Assembly met for three hours and five minutes.
- The sitting started at 02:40 pm against the scheduled time of 01:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the sitting for two hours, while the remaining sitting was chaired by the deputy speaker.
- The leader of the house did not attend the sitting.
- The leader of the opposition attended the entire proceedings.
- Sixty-one legislators (52 percent) were present at the outset and 51 (40 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders attended the proceedings.
- All three minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- A total of 22 lawmakers participated in general discussion on the supplementary budget including appropriations and charged expenditures which continued for two hours. The provincial minister for finance winded up the debate. He spoke 25 minutes on it.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Tuesday, June 29, 2021 at 01:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…