ISLAMABAD, December 9, 2016: The lawmakers in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Friday expressed their grief and sorrow over loss of lives in crash of PIA Plane at Havelian on December 7, says Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
Twelve lawmakers – PTI (3), PML-N (3), JUI-F (2), ANP, JI, PPPP and QWP (one each) – expressed their views for 61 minutes about this tragic incident and demanded fair inquiry into the matter.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during 16th sitting of 21st session:
- The KP Assembly met for two hours and 32 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1513 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The House had a prayer break for 12 minutes.
- 28 lawmakers (23%) were present at the start and 23 (19%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting in the absence of Speaker.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Opposition Leader was present for two hours and five minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of ANP and PML-N were present.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- The House adopted three resolutions urging the government to form Minority Caucus in the Provincial Assembly, make public the financial deficit and list of political inductees in PIA and conduct high-level inquiry into the incident of plane crash at Havelian.
- The Annual Report of the Provincial Ombudsman KP for the year 2015 was presented in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up a Calling Attention Notice regarding dispute between Forest Department and owners of the Forest in Malakand Division.
- The House deferred the Question Hour and held discussion on incident of plane crash.
- The House took up a Privilege Motion submitted by a JUI-F lawmaker.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed state of the education in the Province and witnessed introduction of a…
ISLAMABAD, September 15, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed Billion Tree Afforestation Project and passed a government bill on Tuesday, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed a government bill and discussed Chakdara-Chitral CPEC Route on Monday, says Free and Fair…