ISLAMABAD, December 4, 2015: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed on Friday during 75th sitting of its 15th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily Factsheet.
The sitting started 52 minutes behind the schedule with 40 members (32%) present at the start and 45 (36%) at the time of adjournment.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The KP Assembly met for 28 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1552 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The sitting was chaired by the Speaker.
- The post of Deputy Speaker continues to be vacant since October 15, 2014.
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting while the Leader of the Opposition was present for entire sitting.
- Forty lawmakers (32%) were present at the start and 45 (36%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of PPPP, QWP, AJIP and PML-N were present.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
- Tabled by QWP female lawmaker, the House adopted a resolution demanding the federal government to implement the decisions made in All Parties Conference regarding route of China Pak Economic Corridor on May 28, 2015. It was also discussed by six lawmakers – QWP (2) and one each to PML-N, JUI-F, ANP and PPPP – for 18 minutes.
- None of the Agenda item on list of business was taken up during the sitting which included a bill, two Calling Attention Notices, an adjournment motion and debate on NFC report.
Order and Institutionalization
- One point of order consumed two minutes of the sitting.
- ‘List of Business’ was available to all members
- Attendance of Members was not made public
To download factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, December 4, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and witnessed introduction of three government bills, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, December 2, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted a resolution and witnessed the introduction of two government bills on Wednesday, observes Free…
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted two resolutions and passed a government bill titled The Prisons (Amendment) Bill,…