ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2018: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly (KP) on Friday met for 16 minutes and witnessed introduction of a government bill and passage of two private members’ resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during first sitting of the 28th session:
- The KP Assembly met for 16 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1508 hours against the scheduled time 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Deputy Speaker’s post is lying vacant after election of former Deputy Speaker as Senator on March 12, 2018.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 29 MPAs (23%) were present at outset and 46 (37%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N and ANP attended the sitting.
- One minority lawmaker was present.
- Minister for Law and Justice introduced the KP Sehat Insaf Bill, 2018.
- Tabled by PPPP lawmaker, the House adopted two resolutions condemning airstrikes on a religious seminary in in Kunduz in Afghanistan and recommending the federal government to ensure implementation on 18th Constitutional Amendment in true letter and spirit.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two Points of Order consumed four minutes of the proceedings.
- The Chair adjourned the House to meet again on Monday April 16, 2018 at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) consumed 72 percent of its proceedings in points of order related to electricity load-shedding in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2021: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly approved 55 supplementary demands for grants for the financial year 2020-21, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, June 28, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) held general discussion on supplementary budget for the financial year 2020-2021, observes Free and Fair…