ISLAMABAD, January 8, 2015: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly witnessed short sitting on Friday when it met for seven minutes in the presence of sixteen lawmakers.
The sitting started at 1438 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
JUI-F lawmaker pointed out the quorum soon after recitation at 1442 hours following which the Chair ordered the bells to be rung for two minutes.
The quorum was found to be incomplete upon counting due to presence of less than 25 % lawmakers and the Chair announced to adjourn the sitting till January 11.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The KP Assembly met for seven minutes.
- The sitting started at 1438 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The sitting was chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leader of the House and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- Sixteen lawmakers (13%) were present at the start and maximum 21 (17%) at the end of the sitting.
- Only JI parliamentary leader was present.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up any agenda item on “Orders of the Day”.
Order and Institutionalization
- The sitting was adjourned due to lack of quorum pointed out by JUI-F lawmaker.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the members.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Seven of Worst-Hit Countries have their Parliaments in Session to handle Pandemic ISLAMABAD, March 24, 2020: The Parliament and the provincial assemblies should take center…
ISLAMABAD, March 3, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) left 90 percent of its scheduled business unaddressed during 11th session comprising six sittings…