ISLAMABAD, December 6, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly was adjourned nine minutes after the commencement of proceedings due to lack of quorum on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet..
Following are key observations of the proceedings during second sitting of 27th session:
- The KP Assembly met for nine minutes.
- The sitting started at 1533 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 15 lawmakers (12%) were present at the start and 28 (23%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI and ANP attended the sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not take up the legislative business, calling attention notices and questions on the agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- A QWP lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1536 hours that led to the adjournment of the sitting at 1542 hours due to presence of less than 25 percent lawmakers.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted one resolution on Friday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, November 22, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills on Monday and was adjourned amid lack of quorum, observes…
ISLAMABAD, November 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes…