ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Finance Bill, 2016 and approved 56 demands for grants during 6th sitting of its 19th session on Wednesday, says Free and Fair Election Network in its daily factsheet.
Following are some key observations:
Members’ Participation in the House proceedings
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for three hours and 12 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1416 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- Forty eight lawmakers (39%) were present at the start and 62 (50%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was present.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting.
- The Opposition Leader attended the sitting for two hours and 38 minutes.
- The Finance Minister remained present during the proceedings.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP, JI, PTI, ANP and JUI-F attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present.
- Seven members applied for leave.
- The House passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Finance Bill, 2016 and approved 56 demands for grants of various government departments.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House rejected 903 cut motions related to various government departments.
- The Chief Minister expressed his views on Provincial Budget 2016-17 consuming 40 minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…