ISLAMABAD, February 26, 2018: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Monday passed three bills including a private member’s bill and adopted two resolutions, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during 17th sitting of the 27th session:
- The KP Assembly met for two hours and four minutes while the proceedings remained suspended for 30 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 1545 hours against the scheduled time 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 35 MPAs (28%) were present at outset and 34 (27%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, PPPP and PML-N attended the sitting.
- As many as two minority lawmakers were present during the sitting.
- The House passed two government bills including the KP Universities (Amendment) Bill, 2018 and the KP Employees (Regularization of Services) Bill, 2018 while a private member bill – the KP Censorship of Motion Pictures (Films, CDs, Videos, Stage Dramas and Shows) Bill, 2018- was also passed.
- Tabled by a PPPP lawmaker, the House adopted a resolution demanding to retain number of existing seats of Chitral, Abbotabad, Swabi, Hari Pur and Charsadda in Provincial Assembly.
- The House also adopted another resolution for accelerating diplomatic efforts to resolve tension in Syria. It was tabled by a PML-N lawmaker.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House deferred the question hour and did not take up two Calling Attention Notices appearing on the list of the agenda.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on 12 Points of Order consuming 20 minutes of the proceedings.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is not available to observers and media.
The daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are regretted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted two resolutions and passed a government bill titled The Prisons (Amendment) Bill,…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted eight supplementary resolutions after the suspension of rules, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn the remarks…