ISLAMABAD, August 5, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly passed three government bills including the Prevention of Conflict of Interest Bill in its second sitting of 20th session on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 13 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1534 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- 50 lawmakers (40%) were present at start and 62 (50%) at adjournment of the sitting. A maximum of 73 members (59%) were observed to be present at one point of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister attended the entire sitting while the Opposition Leader was not present.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, QWP and JI attended the sitting.
- Two minority members were present.
- Fourteen members applied for leave.
- The House passed the KP Universities (Amendment) Bill 2016; the Galiyat Development Authority Bill, 2016 and the KP Prevention of Conflict of Interest Bill, 2016.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up two Calling Attention Notices (CANs) and both were responded to by Minister for Health. The first CAN was about dilapidated health infrastructure at Rural Health Center Sharingal, Dir while other notice was about epidemic disease among children in Laponai, Shangla.
- The House took up three out of ten starred questions on the agenda.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted two resolutions and passed a government bill titled The Prisons (Amendment) Bill,…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted eight supplementary resolutions after the suspension of rules, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn the remarks…