ISLAMABAD, May 12, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly on Friday passed two government bills amid low attendance of lawmakers, says Free and Fair Election Network.
Following are some key observations of 9th sitting of Assembly’s 24th session:
- The KP Assembly met for 48 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1528 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Twenty-three lawmakers (19%) were present at the start and 28 (23%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Chief Minister was not present while the Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of JI and ANP were present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- The House passed the KP Vaccination (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and the KP Local Government (Third Amendment) Bill, 2017.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up two out of 15 Starred Questions for oral answers.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PML-N lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1611 hours which led to the adjournment of the sitting.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and other stakeholders.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, March 01, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three private members’ resolutions and passed a motion to declare the…
ISLAMABAD, January 25, 2021: The 15th session of Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was prorogued on Monday after transacting most of its agenda, observes…
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Monday and passed three government bills, observes Free…