ISLAMABAD, September 19, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly passed two bills, including the KP Whistleblower Protection and Vigilance Commission Bill, 2016 amid low attendance of lawmakers on Monday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Members’ Participation in 1st Sitting of the 21st Session
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 28 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1527 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Thirty-two lawmakers (26%) were present at the start and 55 (44%) at the adjournment of the sitting. A maximum of 60 members (48%) were observed to be present at one point of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister attended the sitting for an hour and 15 minutes while the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting at all.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, QWP and ANP attended the entire proceedings.
- Two minority members were present.
- Fourteen members applied for leave.
- The House passed two bills, including the KP Whistleblower Protection and Vigilance Commission Bill, 2016 and the KP Prohibition of Interest on Private Loans Bill, 2016.
- Tabled by PPPP female lawmaker, the House adopted a resolution to reduce toll tax at Motorway Toll Plazas and extend the entry as well as exit points at Peshawar Motorway.
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police Ordinance, 2016 was also presented in the House.
- The House witnessed presentation of a report by Standing Committee of Revenue.
Order and Institutionalization
- The only Point of Order consumed 20 minutes of the proceedings.
- A PML-N lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1539 hours that was found to be complete upon counting.
- Orders of the Day was available to legislators, observers and other stakeholders.
- Attendance of lawmakers was not available to media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly’s proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, March 01, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three private members’ resolutions and passed a motion to declare the…
ISLAMABAD, January 25, 2021: The 15th session of Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was prorogued on Monday after transacting most of its agenda, observes…
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Monday and passed three government bills, observes Free…