ISLAMABAD, December 13, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly could not take up all eight questions on the agenda due to absence of the movers on Tuesday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
The Speaker, Chief Minister and Leader of the Opposition were not present.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during 17th sitting of 21st session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 24 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1448 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- A total of 22 lawmakers (18%) were present at the start and 24 (19%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting, as the Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of ANP, JI and PML-N were present during the proceedings.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- The House passed the KP Boilers and Pressure Vessels Bill, 2016.
- Reports of Special Committees on the closure of business activities in University Town, Peshawar as well as Health Department were presented in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up a Calling Attention Notice to suspend Insaaf Food Security Program.
- The House did not take up any question during Question Hour due to absence of the movers, leaving all eight Starred Questions lapsed. The questions were related to the departments of Environment, Revenue & Estate, Law and Parliamentary Affairs, Industries, Commerce & Technical Education and Excise & Taxation.
Order and Institutionalization
- Five Points of Order consumed 45 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly’s proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed state of the education in the Province and witnessed introduction of a…
ISLAMABAD, September 15, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed Billion Tree Afforestation Project and passed a government bill on Tuesday, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed a government bill and discussed Chakdara-Chitral CPEC Route on Monday, says Free and Fair…