- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, February 6, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly adopted two resolutions in the absence of Leaders of the House and the Opposition during last sitting of the 22nd session on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
The sitting was rescheduled for today instead of February 20, 2017, as had been announced during the previous (third) sitting on January 27, 2017.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of the fourth sitting:
- The KP Assembly met for two hours and nine minutes.
- The sitting started at 1538 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The House had a prayer break of 30 minutes.
- Thirty-five lawmakers (28%) were present at the start and 30 (24%) at the end of sitting.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition were not present.
- Parliamentary leader of ANP was present, among other leaders.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- The House adopted two resolutions. The first one was to constitute a committee for an effective legislation against ICE addiction and the other resolution dealt with the ban on Muslims from entering the United States from different countries.
- The House witnessed introduction of the KP Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and the KP Free Compulsory Primary and Secondary Education Bill, 2017.
- A Report on 2nd Biannual Monitoring on the Implementation of NFC Award (January-June 2016) was also presented in the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up two Calling Attention Notices (CANs) regarding non-issuance of development funds for all projects and allowances to employees serving at MPA hostel.
- Six out of nine Starred Questions appearing on the agenda were taken up while the lawmakers asked six supplementary questions, as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- Five minutes were consumed on a Point of Order.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and other stakeholders.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on…