ISLAMABAD, June 28, 2013: Starting 31 minutes late, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly approved the 51 Demands for Grants of the supplementary budget 2012-13 in the 10th sitting of the ongoing second session on Friday.
The four hours and five minutes long sitting was marked by low attendance as only 39 members were present at the outset, 58 at the end of the sitting, while a maximum of 69 members were present at one point of sitting.
Seven Cut Motions on the supplementary budget were raised, all of which were withdrawn.
The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting as the Speaker was not present. Seven members, including the Chief Minster, spoke on seven Points of Order for an hour and 15 minutes.
Following are some key observations of the parliamentary business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The KP Assembly met for four hours and five minutes. The House took a break of 26 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1731 hours against the scheduled time of 1700 hours, witnessing the delay of 31 minutes.
- The Deputy Speaker chaired the entire sitting. The Speaker was not present.
- The Chief Minister and the Finance Minister were present throughout the proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, ANP, AJIP and the only member of APML attended the sitting. The parliamentary leaders of JUIF, QWPS and PPPP did not attend the sitting.
- Thirty-nine members were present at the outset while 58 were there at the end of the sitting. A maximum of 69 members were present at one point of sitting.
- All the three minority members on the reserved seats attended the sitting.
- Six members applied for leave.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Seven members raised seven Cut Motions on the supplementary budget, all of which were withdrawn.
- The House approved 51 Demands for Grants for the supplementary budget.
Order and Institutionalization
- No instance of protest, walkout, or boycott observed during the sitting.
- Seven members, including the Chief Minster, spoke on seven Points of Order for an hour and 15 minutes.
- The List of Business (agenda) was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- Information on members’ attendance was not available to the observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of KP Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN Alumni Trust, a member organization of FAFEN
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted two resolutions and passed a government bill titled The Prisons (Amendment) Bill,…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted eight supplementary resolutions after the suspension of rules, observes Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn the remarks…