ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the 14th sitting of 20th session:
- The House met for two hours and 22 minutes.
- The sitting started at 11:00 am against the scheduled time of 10:00 am.
- The speaker chaired the entire proceedings.
- The deputy speaker was also present.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition were absent.
- As many as 43 MPAs (30 percent) were present at the outset and 51 (35 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of ANP and BAP attended the proceedings.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by the minister for labor, the House passed the KP Factories (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
- The House adopted four resolutions recommending risk and professional allowances for staff of Rescue 1122, hardship allowance for teachers appointed in schools of far-flung areas in Abbottabad, special allowance for House Officers and TMOs of Ayub Medical College Abbottabad and urging the government to write Khatam-un-Nabiyyin with the name of Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him).
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up seven out of ten starred questions, while the lawmakers asked three supplementary questions.
- The House took up two calling attention notices (CANs) regarding damage to roads and bridges due to rains in Abbottabad and electricity restoration in two tehsils of South Waziristan.
- Four lawmakers and Special Assistant to Chief Minister on higher education debated an adjournment motion regarding proposed privatization of government colleges in the province. They spoke on it for 55 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PPPP lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 01:00 pm following which the Chair ordered the bells to be rung for two minutes twice. The quorum was found complete upon counting.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, September 20, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2021: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…
ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Thursday paying tributes to late nuclear scientist Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Monday in the absence of leaders of the House and…