ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the 15th sitting of 20th session:
- The House met for two hours and 57 minutes.
- The sitting started at 03:20 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- The speaker chaired the proceedings for an hour and 50 minutes while the remaining sitting was chaired by a member of panel of chairpersons.
- The deputy speaker was not present.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition were absent.
- As many as 53 MPAs (37 percent) were present at the outset and 55 (38 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of ANP, PML-N and BAP attended the proceedings.
- Three out of four minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- The House adopted two resolutions demanding restoration of direct flights from Pakistan to Saudi Arabia and reduction of property tax in Abbottabad Cantonment area.
- The House passed the West Pakistan Motor Vehicles Taxation (Amendment) Bill, 2021.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up six out of ten starred questions, while the lawmakers asked three supplementary questions.
- The House took up two calling attention notices (CANs) regarding exam issue in Khyber Medical University Peshawar and hydro power projects of the province.
- Five lawmakers and the Minister for labor debated an adjournment motion regarding use of electronic voting machines in elections. They spoke on it for 58 minutes.
- A privilege motion of an MMAP lawmaker against Section Officer, Auqaf Department was referred to the relevant committee.
- A lawmaker belonging to MMAP withdrew his privilege motion.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Monday, October 4, 2021 at 02:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions excepted
ISLAMABAD, October 15, 2021: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…
ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Thursday paying tributes to late nuclear scientist Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Monday in the absence of leaders of the House and…