ISLAMABAD, March 29, 2016: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly passed three government bills and witnessed presentation of one report of the standing committee on Irrigation during seventh sitting of its ongoing 16th session on Tuesday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for 34 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1454 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was absent.
- 32 lawmakers (26%) were present at the outset while 35 (28%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of QWP and PML-N were present.
- Three minority members were present.
- Eight members applied for leave.
- Tabled by Minister for Law, the House passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Service Commission (Amendment) Bill, 2016 and the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Antiquities Bill, 2016.
- Tabled by Minister for Health, the House also passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Medical Teaching Institutions Reforms (Amendment) Bill, 2016.
- The Chairman, Standing Committee on Irrigation presented the committee report before the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up two out of 12 starred questions appearing on the agenda while 10 questions were dropped due to the absence of movers. The lawmakers asked two supplementary questions as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PTI lawmaker spoke on a Point of Order consuming five minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, December 2, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted a resolution and witnessed the introduction of two government bills on Wednesday, observes Free…
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 27, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted two resolutions and passed a government bill titled The Prisons (Amendment) Bill,…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted eight supplementary resolutions after the suspension of rules, observes Free and Fair…