ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda on Friday and adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn the remarks of former Prime Minister against institutions during public gathering in Gujranwala, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 1st sitting of the 14th session:
- The House met for an hour and one minute.
- The sitting started at 1500 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House did not attend the proceedings.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for 30 minutes
- As many as 60 (41%) legislators were present at the start and 65 (44%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and PML attended the sitting.
- As many as three minority members were present in the sitting.
- Tabled by the Special Assistant to Chief Minister for Higher Education, the House passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Public Private Partnership Bill, 2020. He also introduced the Prisons (Amendment) Bill, 2020.
- Moved by a PTI lawmaker, the House adopted a supplementary resolution to condemn the remarks of former Prime Minister against institutions.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up two call attention notices regarding blockage of traffic on Main Ring Road, Hayatabad and promotions of law instructors of police department.
- Three privilege motions – one each of ANP, PTI and PPPP lawmakers – were referred to the relevant committee.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two lawmakers spoke on points of orders for 15 minutes.
- The opposition lawmakers protested for one minute against resolution passed by the House.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on October 26, 2020 (Monday) at 1400 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, December 2, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted a resolution and witnessed the introduction of two government bills on Wednesday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, November 30, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Balochistan met for only four minutes on Monday as the Speaker adjourned the sitting due to low…
ISLAMABAD, November 27, 2020: The Balochistan Assembly on Friday adopted five private members’ resolutions and discussed an adjournment motion related to murder of a political…