ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted entire agenda and discussed an adjournment motion about impact of Afghanistan situation on Pakistan, observes Fee and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Tuesday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the 13th sitting of 20th session:
- The House met for two hours and 13 minutes.
- The sitting started at 03:20 pm against the scheduled time of 02:00 pm.
- Two members of panel of chairpersons presided over entire proceedings in the absence of speaker and the deputy speaker.
- The leaders of the House (Chief Minister) and the opposition were absent.
- As many as 43 MPAs (30 percent) were present at the outset and 34 (23 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leader of ANP, PML-N and BAP attended the proceedings.
- Two out of four minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
- Moved by the minister for law, the House passed the KP Sentencing Bill, 2021.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up seven out of ten starred questions, while the lawmakers asked three supplementary questions.
- The House took up two calling attention notices (CANs) regarding e-transfer policy introduced in education department and lack of basic facilities at girls’ hostel of Kohat University of Science and Technology.
- Nine lawmakers debated an adjournment motion regarding impact of Afghanistan situation on Pakistan for an hour and 15 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Four lawmakers spoke on points of order for ten minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Friday, September 17, 2021 at 10:00 am.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available for the legislators, observers and the media.
- Attendance of the lawmakers was not available for the observers and the media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…