ISLAMABAD, May 8, 2017: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly witnessed introduction of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Consumer Protection (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and transacted entire agenda appearing on the List of Business on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in the Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of 7th sitting of the 24th session:
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and six minutes.
- The sitting started at 1608 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- Forty-six lawmakers (37%) were present at the start and 31 (25%) at the end of sitting.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting while the Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, ANP, JI and PML-N were present.
- One minority member attended the sitting.
- Seven members applied for leave.
- The House witnessed introduction of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Consumer Protection (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- Moved by the Special Assistant to Chief Minister for Commerce and Industries, the House referred the Societies Registration (Amendment) Bill, 2017 to the Select Committee.
- The Minister for Law presented the Annual Report of the Ehtesab Commission for Year 2016.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The government responded to one out of three Starred Questions appearing on the agenda. The lawmakers asked three Supplementary Questions.
- The House took up two Calling Attention Notices (CANs) on the restoration of male mobilizers in Population Welfare Department and the notification for expanding jurisdictions of the Forest Institute.
- The House referred JUI-F lawmaker’s Privilege Motion to the relevant committee.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on four Points of Order consuming 15 minutes of the proceedings.
- Orders of the Day was available for the legislators, observers and other stakeholders.
- Attendance of lawmakers was not available for the observers and media.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, March 01, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three private members’ resolutions and passed a motion to declare the…
ISLAMABAD, January 25, 2021: The 15th session of Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was prorogued on Monday after transacting most of its agenda, observes…
ISLAMABAD, January 18, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Monday and passed three government bills, observes Free…