ISLAMABAD, April 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted its entire agenda and passed two government bills, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Tuesday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 7th sitting of the 17th session:
- The House met for an hour and 43 minutes.
- The sitting started at 2:24 pm against the scheduled time of 2:00 pm.
- The speaker chaired the entire sitting while the deputy speaker was also present
- The leaders of the house (chief minister) and the opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 45 (31%) legislators were present at the start and 50 (34%) at the end of the sitting.
- Three out of four minority members were
- The parliamentary leaders of MMAP, BAP and PML-N attended the sitting.
- The House passed two government bills including the KP Letters of Administration and Succession Certificates Bill, 2021 and the KP Civil Servant (Amendment) Bill, 2021. These bills were tabled by the Ministers for food and local government, respectively
Representation and Responsiveness
- Sponsored by a PPPP lawmaker, the House admitted an adjournment motion for debate. It was related to quota for students of Balochistan and ex-FATA in medical colleges of Punjab.
- Sponsored by an ANP lawmaker, the House took up a calling attention notice (CAN) related to fraudulent activities of illegal housing societies and land mafia in province particularly in Mardan District.
- The house took up another CAN regarding policies of Department of Relief, Rehabilitation and Resettlement. The notice was sponsored by an independent lawmaker.
- The House took up eight out of ten starred questions while lawmakers asked four supplementary questions as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Friday, April 23, 2021 at 10:00 am.
- ‘List of Business’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on the observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted online by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, May 17, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday condemning Israeli atrocities against the people of Palestine, says Free and Fair…
Calls for a broader public debate and political discourse on the meaningful electoral reforms to enhance representation and inclusivity ISLAMABAD, May 11, 2021: The Free…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, May 7, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Sindh passed two government bills and concluded pre-budget discussion, observes Free and Fair Election Network…