ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2015: Starting 25 minutes behind the scheduled time, proceedings of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly remained stalled for 40 minutes due to prayer break, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) on Tuesday.
The sitting started at 1525 hours against its scheduled time of 1500 hours with 35 legislators (28%) present at the start and 40 (32%) at the time of its adjournment.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The KP Assembly met for 110 minutes
- The sitting started at 1525 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours
- The House had a break for 40 minutes
- The sitting was chaired by the Speaker
- The post of Deputy Speaker continues to be vacant since October 15, 2014
- The Leader of the House did not attend the sitting while the Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and 40 minutes
- Thirty-five lawmakers (28%) were present at the start and 40 (32%) at the end of the sitting
- The Parliamentary Leaders of AJIP, ANP, JI and PML-N were present
- Two minority members attended the sitting
- Ten members applied for leave
Representation and Responsiveness
- Jointly sponsored by ANP and QWP lawmakers, the House debated an adjournment motion about survey and relief efforts in the earthquake-hit areas. Nine lawmakers – two each belonging to PPPP & JUI-F and one each to ANP, QWP, PTI, PML-N and JI – discussed the motion for 57 minutes.
- A privilege motion moved by Opposition Leader against Education Department was taken up and referred to the relevant committee.
- ‘List of Business’ was available to all members
- Attendance of Members was not made public
To download factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, April 26, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three supplementary resolutions and discussed quota for students of Balochistan and ex-FATA in…
ISLAMABAD, April 23, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) adopted three supplementary resolutions and witnessed introduction of a government bill on Friday, says…
ISLAMABAD, April 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted its entire agenda and passed two government bills, says Free and Fair Election…