ISLAMABAD, December 18, 2015: Starting 22 minutes behind the scheduled time, proceeding of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly remained stalled for 50 minutes due to prayer and tea break, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) on Friday.
The sitting started at 1522 hours against its scheduled time of 1500 hours with 36 legislators (29%) present at the start and 30 (24%) at the time of its adjournment. The House did not address the agenda on the list of the business except a Calling Attention Notice (CAN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The KP Assembly met for 88 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1522 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The House had a break for 50 minutes.
- The sitting was chaired by the Speaker
- The post of Deputy Speaker continues to be vacant since October 15, 2014.
- The Leader of the House was not present while the Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Thirty-six lawmakers (29%) were present at the start and 30 (24%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of PML-N, JI, PPPP and AJIP were present.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
- Sixteen members applied for leave.
- The House did not consider the KP Partnership Amendment Bill 2015, annual report of Council of Islamic Ideology and a report of revenue department.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Sponsored by PTI lawmaker, the House took up a CAN regarding lack of interest by doctors to perform duties in Shabe Qadar Tehsil Head Quarters Hospital.
- Another CAN by JUI-F female lawmaker was not taken up.
- Eight out of the eleven starred questions appearing on the agenda for the day were taken up. In addition, the lawmakers asked three supplementary questions.
- ‘List of Business’ was available to all m embers
- Attendance of Members was not made public
To download the Factsheet, Click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed state of the education in the Province and witnessed introduction of a…
ISLAMABAD, September 15, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed Billion Tree Afforestation Project and passed a government bill on Tuesday, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed a government bill and discussed Chakdara-Chitral CPEC Route on Monday, says Free and Fair…