ISLAMABAD, December 22, 2015: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) elected Meher Taj Roghani as the Deputy Speaker of the Assembly on Tuesday during 78th sitting of its ongoing 15th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following the election, the House was adjourned to meet again on January 8, 2016.
Below are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The KP Assembly met for five hours and 12 minutes.
- The sitting started at its scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hours and 30 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Ninety-two lawmakers (74%) were present at the start and 52 (42%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- A maximum of 120 (97%) members attended the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of PML-N, PTI, ANP, PPPP, JI, QWP, AJIP and JUI-F were present.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
- Three members applied for leave.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House elected Meher Taj Roghani belonging to PTI as its Deputy Speaker. As many as 77 votes were polled in her favour and 37 in favour of losing candidate Arbab Akbar Hayat of PML-N. Moreover, four votes were rejected while one was cancelled.
- Nine lawmakers spoke on floor of the House following the election of the Deputy Speaker. These speeches consumed 12 minutes of the proceeding.
- ‘List of Business’ was available to all members
- Attendance of Members was not made public
To download the factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, April 16, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted its entire agenda on Friday amid absence of the leaders of the house…
ISLAMABAD, April 13, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted 80% of its agenda and adjourned due to lack of quorum, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, April 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills and adopted three supplementary resolutions, says Free and Fair Election…