ISLAMABAD, December 21, 2015: Starting 28 minutes behind the scheduled time, the Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up all agenda items appearing on ‘Orders of the Day’ on Monday during 77th sitting of its ongoing 15th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
The Speaker announced that election of the Deputy Speaker would be held in next sitting of the House tomorrow (Tuesday).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The KP Assembly met for an hour and 37 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1528 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The House had a break for 35 minutes.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The post of Deputy Speaker continues to be vacant since October 15, 2014.
- The Leader of the House was not present while the Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Forty-two lawmakers (34%) were present at the start and 40 (32%) at the end of the sitting.
- A maximum of 70 (56%) members attended the sitting.
- The Parliamentary Leaders of JI, QWP, PML-N, AJIP and JUI-F were present.
- Three minority members attended the sitting.
- Eight members applied for leave.
- The House passed the KP Partnership Amendment Bill 2015. The bill was taken up by the House as supplementary agenda item.
- The Chairman Standing Committee on Energy and Power presented a report of Energy and Power Department.
- Chairman Standing Committee on Elementary & Secondary Education Department presented the committee report before the House.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Lawmakers belonging to JUI-F, ANP, PML-N and PPPP staged a walkout from the House for not admitting a Privilege Motion moved by JUI-F lawmaker.
- Sponsored by PTI lawmaker, the House took up a CAN regarding withdrawal of reconstruction of Basic Health Units (BHUs) affected by heavy rainfall in District Abbottabad.
- One out of two starred questions appearing on the agenda was taken up. In addition, the lawmakers asked four supplementary questions.
- ‘List of Business’ was available to all members
- Attendance of Members was not made public
To download the factsheet, Click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, September 18, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed state of the education in the Province and witnessed introduction of a…
ISLAMABAD, September 15, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) discussed Billion Tree Afforestation Project and passed a government bill on Tuesday, says Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed a government bill and discussed Chakdara-Chitral CPEC Route on Monday, says Free and Fair…