ISLAMABAD, October 18, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Monday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during third sitting of the 37th session:
- The National Assembly met for 42 minutes.
- The sitting started at 04:40 pm against the scheduled time of 04:00 pm.
- The speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The deputy speaker was also present.
- The leader of the house (Prime Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The opposition leader was present for 39 minutes.
- As many as 39 (11 percent) lawmakers were present at the outset and 40 (12 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, MMAP, ANP and BAP attended the sitting.
- Six minority lawmakers were present.
- The House did not consider legislative agenda including three ordinances and one government bill, two resolutions seeking extension of as many ordinances and eight reports of the standing committees.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not observe question hour while fifteen motions for consideration of as many bills in the joint sitting of the Parliament, two calling attention notice (CAN) and a motion of thanks to the President were not considered.
- Minister of state for parliamentary affairs moved a motion under rule 259 for debate on the Uswa-e-Hasna of Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him).
Order and Institutionalization
- A lawmaker belonging to PML-N pointed out the quorum at 05:19 pm which was found incomplete upon counting.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 04:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2021: The Punjab Assembly passed four private members’ bills and adopted two resolutions on Tuesday, observes Free and Fair Election…