ISLAMABAD, October 23, 2020: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday without taking up any of the agenda item as the government could not manage to maintain the required quorum in the House, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the fourth sitting of 27th session:
- The National Assembly met for 17 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1050 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker did not attend the sitting.
- The Leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and Opposition were not present.
- Ninety-one (27%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 57 (17%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The Parliamentary leader of BAP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Four minority members were present.
- The House neither observed question hour nor considered any other agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’.
Order and Institutionalization
- Two lawmakers and Advisor to Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs spoke on points of order for five minutes.
- The entire opposition staged a walkout at 1100 hour for not taking it into confidence during consideration of parliamentary business. They did not return to the House till adjournment of sitting at 1107 hours.
- A PML-N lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1104 hours which was found incomplete after counting.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on October 26, 2020 (Monday) at 1700 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, April 22, 2021: The Sindh Assembly on Thursday took up its entire agenda and passed two government bills, observes Free and Fair Election Network…
ISLAMABAD, April 21, 2021: The Sindh Assembly was adjourned on Wednesday without taking up any agenda item except question hour due to exchange of harsh…
ISLAMABAD, April 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted its entire agenda and passed two government bills, says Free and Fair Election…