ISLAMABAD, October 18, 2018: The Leader of Opposition in Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa opened budget debate in the House on Thursday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the proceedings during second sitting of 3rd session:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly met for two hours and 39 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1045 hours against the scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- Fifty members (40%) were present at the start and 49 (39%) at the end of the sitting.
- The Speaker chaired the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Chief Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML-N, PPP and ANP attended the sitting.
- All three minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The Leader of Opposition opened debate on budget and spoke for 49 minutes. In addition, six other lawmakers participated in budget debate consuming an hour and 41 minutes of the proceedings.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceeding conducted by United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 13, 2019: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills amid protest by the opposition, observes Free and Fair Election…
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 14, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly addressed most of its agenda amid low attendance of lawmakers on Monday, observes Free…
ISLAMABAD, October 4, 2019: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly passed three government bills amid protest by the opposition during proceedings of the House, observes Free…