ISLAMABAD, January 11, 2015: The longest ever session of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly that witnessed 80 sittings was prorogued sine die on Monday after addressing none of the agenda item on list of business, says the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The KP Assembly met for 21 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1514 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The sitting was chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leader of the House and the Opposition Leader did not attend the sitting.
- Twenty lawmakers (20%) were present at the start and maximum 26 (21%) at the end of the sitting.
- Only PML-N parliamentary leader was present.
- Two minority members attended the sitting.
- The House did not take up any agenda item on “Orders of the Day”.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PPPP lawmaker pointed out the quorum at 1518 hours immediately after the recitation of Holy Quran. Resultantly, the proceeding of the House was suspended for 15 minutes.
- On resumption of the proceeding at 1533 hours, another lawmaker belonging to JUI-F pointed out the lacking quorum following which the Deputy Speaker announced to prorogue the session.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the members.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the KP Assembly proceedings conducted by Untied Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, January 14, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills concerning the vagrancy and protection of women against harassment at workplaces…
ISLAMABAD, January 13, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) passed two government bills on Monday providing for setting up and regulating the tourist facilities,…
ISLAMABAD, January 10, 2020: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) left half of its agenda unaddressed on Friday and passed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Civil Administration…