ISLAMABAD, January 27, 2017: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday without taking up any agenda, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during second sitting of the 39th session:
- The National Assembly met for an hour and 17 minutes; however the proceedings remained suspended for an hour and seven minutes.
- The sitting started at 1034 hours against the scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for nine minutes before the suspension of proceedings at 1043 hours. A Member of the Panel of Chairperson announced the adjournment of the sitting on resumption of proceedings at 1150 hours.
- The Leader of the House (Prime Minister) and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Nineteen lawmakers (5%) were present at outset while 82 (24%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- None of the parliamentary leaders attended the sitting.
- Three minority members were present.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Speaker spoke for two minutes about last day’s scuffle in the House and then announced suspension of the proceedings due to meeting of parliamentary leaders.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, May 15, 2020: The 21st Session of National Assembly was prorogued on Friday after concluding debate on the situation arising out of COVID-19 pandemic…
ISLAMABAD, May 13, 2020: The members of both sides of the aisle in National Assembly continued discussion on the situation arising out of COVID-19 pandemic…
ISLAMABAD, May 11, 2020: The National Assembly on Monday met after a gap of around two months to discuss the situation arising out of the…