ISLAMABAD, May 17, 2021: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday condemning Israeli atrocities against the people of Palestine, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of 33rd session:
- The National Assembly met for four hours and 17 minutes; however, the proceedings remained suspended for 25 minutes due to prayer break.
- The sitting started at 05:42 pm against the scheduled time of 04:00 pm.
- The speaker presided over the sitting for two hours and 51 minutes while rest of the sitting was chaired by a member of panel of chairpersons.
- The deputy speaker was not present.
- The leader of the House (Prime Minister) did not attend the sitting.
- The leader of the opposition was present for an hour and 33 minutes.
- As many as 133 (39 percent) lawmakers were present at the outset and 44 (13 percent) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MQMP and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Seven out of ten minority lawmakers were present.
- Tabled by Advisor to Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs, the House passed a motion to suspend the entire regular agenda for debate on Palestine issue.
- The House unanimously adopted a resolution condemning Israeli atrocities against the people of Palestine and called upon the UN Security Council to take necessary action to bring to an end the ongoing crimes against humanity being perpetrated against Palestinians. The resolution was tabled by Minister for Foreign Affairs and 15 lawmakers spoke on it for three hours and 15 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PPPP lawmaker spoke on a point of order for one minute.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 04:00 pm.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of the lawmakers is available on the National Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up its entire agenda and adopted four resolutions on Friday, observes Fee and…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The Sindh Assembly deferred 62 percent agenda and adopted two resolutions on Friday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…