ISLAMABAD, June 27, 2019: The National Assembly approved Demands for Grants on Thursday for fiscal year 2019-20 mainly related to Interior, Defence, Law and Justice, Power and Petroleum divisions, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during 14th sitting of the 11th NA session:
- The House met for seven hours and 43 minutes; however, the proceedings remained suspended for an hour and 33 minutes due to prayer and lunch break.
- The proceedings started at 1128 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for three hours and 28 minutes while the rest of the proceedings was chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leader of the House (Prime Minister) attended the sitting for 59 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for an hour and 53 minutes.
- A total of 73 lawmakers (21%) were present at the outset and 114 (33%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MMAP, PML-N, PPPP, JWP, BAP, GDA, AMLP, BNP, MQM and PML attended the sitting.
- Eight out of 10 minority lawmakers were also present during the proceedings.
- The House approved Demands for Grants relating to various divisions. Out of total 155 Demands for Grants, 92 were approved in the previous sitting while the House gave approval of remaining Demands for Grants in today’s sitting after voting. The Chair also formally announced the approval of all Demands for Grants at end of the sitting.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PML-N lawmaker walked out of the proceedings for 24 minutes against the Chair’s decision who allowed him late to speak on his cut motion.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on June 28, 2019 (Friday) at 1100 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly’s proceedings, conducted by the Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Budget Session Prorogued after PM Speech ISLAMABAD, June 30, 2020: The National Assembly concluded its budget session on Tuesday after speech of Prime Minister in…
ISLAMABAD, June 29, 2020: The Budget Session of Sindh Assembly concluded here on Monday and the last sitting transacted entire agenda appearing on `Orders of the…