ISLAMABAD, June 10, 2016: The National Assembly continued discussion on the 2016-17 Federal Budget during 7th sitting of 33rd session on Friday, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The National Assembly met for five hours and six minutes.
- The sitting started at 1105 hours against the scheduled time 1100 hours.
- The House had a prayer break for 53 minutes.
- The Speaker presided over the sitting for 102 minutes while the Deputy Speaker chaired the rest of the proceeding.
- The Prime Minister, the Leader of the Opposition and the Finance Minister did not attend the sitting,
- Eleven Cabinet Members were present.
- 47 MNAs (14%) were present at outset and 18 (5%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of JI, PkMAP, AML, APML and QWP attended the sitting.
- Seven minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eighteen lawmakers participated in the general discussion on Budget 2016-17 consuming 197minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on two Points of Order consuming four minutes of the sitting.
- The proceeding remained suspended for 34 minutes due to lack of quorum pointed out by a PTI lawmaker.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Information on Members’ attendance is available on National Assembly website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, November 19, 2021: The National Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on Friday and was prorogued sine die, observes Free and Fair Election…
ISLAMABAD, November 17, 2021: The Majlis-e-Shoora passed 33 bills including the Elections (Second Amendment) Bill, 2021 amid protest and walkout of the opposition, says Free…
ISLAMABAD, November 16, 2021: The National Assembly left entire agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and consumed 83 percent part of its proceedings’ time in…