ISLAMABAD, February 16, 2016: The National Assembly discussed the motion under rule 259 regarding petroleum prices and PIA issues on Tuesday during third sitting of 29th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The National Assembly met for four hours and 15 minutes.
- The sitting started at its scheduled time of 1030 hours.
- The Speaker chaired the proceeding for 98 minutes while the Deputy Speaker presided over the rest of the proceeding.
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the sitting for three hours.
- Ten Federal Ministers attended the sitting.
- 23 MNAs (7%) were present at outset and 12 (4%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, JI, MQM, QWP-S, BNP, ANP, APML and AMLP were present.
- Ten minority members were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Six lawmakers including the Leader of the Opposition spoke for three hours and 43 minutes on the Motion under Rule 259 regarding petroleum prices and implementation of the Pakistan Essential Services Act, 1952 in Pakistan International Airlines.
Order and Institutionalization
- The lawmakers spoke on five Points of Order consuming 12 minutes of the proceeding.
- The Deputy Speaker announced that Rehan Hashmi, a lawmaker belonging to MQM, had resigned from the membership of the House.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on website of National Assembly.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, September 22, 2021: The National Assembly left almost entire agenda unaddressed on Wednesday and was adjourned due to lack of quorum, observes Free and…
ISLAMABAD, September 21, 2021: The National Assembly left almost two-third agenda unaddressed on private members’ day and referred five legislative proposals to the relevant committees,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…