ISLAMABAD, March 3, 2018: The Members of the National Assembly elected two Senators from Islamabad and four Senators from Federally Administered Tribal Area (FATA) on Saturday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings of the Senate elections:
- The polling started at 0900 hours and continued till 1600 hours without any break.
- The election took place in the National Assembly Hall which was declared as polling station.
- A total of 300 MNAs voted in election.
- As many as two candidates were contesting for a technocrat’s seat from Islamabad, three for a general seat from Islamabad and 24 for four general seats from FATA.
- The polling officials rejected thirteen ballot papers for general seat and nine for technocrat’s seat from Islamabad.
- The polling staff declared Mushahid Hussain Syed successful for technocrat’s seat from Islamabad and Asad Ali Khan Junejo for general seat from Islamabad.
- As many as seven out of 11 sitting Members of the National Assembly belonging to FATA voted to elect four FATA Senators.
- The polling staff declared Hidayatullah, Hilal-ur-Rehman, Shamim Muhammad Afridi and Mirza Muhammad Afridi as successful against FATA seats.
The Factsheet is based on observation of the election proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…
ISLAMABAD, September 17, 2021: The National Assembly was adjourned on Friday due to lack of quorum amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and…
Session prorogued ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2021: The National Assembly left 75 percent of its agenda unaddressed and was prorogued on Thursday, observes Free and Fair…