ISLAMABAD, July 30, 2020: The National Assembly passed two government bills related to Financial Action Task Force (FATF) that contained opposition’s proposed amendments and got passage from the Senate earlier in the day, says Free and Fair Election Network in its Daily Factsheet on Thursday.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during the 1st sitting of 24th session:
- The Assembly met for 15 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1515 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Leaders of House (Prime Minister) and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 133 lawmakers 39%) were present at the outset and 154 (44%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, PML-N and MMAP attended the sitting.
- As many as five out of 10 minority lawmakers were present.
- Tabled by the Advisor to Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs, the House passed the Anti-Terrorism (Amendment) Bill, 2020 and the United Nations (Security Council) (Amendment) Bill, 2020 through voice voting. The bills were passed earlier by Senate along with amendments.
- The House passed a motion to suspend the regular agenda for consideration of supplementary legislative business.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on August 7, 2020 (Friday) at 1700 hours. However, a Circular about change in timings was issued on August 5, 2020 and the Speaker called sitting at 1100 hours on August 7, 2020 instead of 1700 hours in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (b) of sub-rule (2) of rule 49 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the National Assembly, 2007.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers is available on the National Assembly’s website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, August 13, 2020: The Senate on Thursday referred five government bills to the relevant committees, which were related to the Financial Action Task Force…
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2020: The 24th session of Balochistan Assembly was prorogued on Wednesday after holding debate on issues at Pak-Afghan border in Chaman as…
ISLAMABAD, August 12, 2020: Traders disregarded the official prices of pulses in around two-thirds of the surveyed districts, meat in more than half of the regions,…