ISLAMABAD, February 19, 2021: The National Assembly left its 50 percent agenda unaddressed on Friday and debated issues related to economy, observers Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during first sitting of the 29th session requisitioned by the Opposition:
- The National Assembly met for an hour and 25 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1125 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was not present.
- The Leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Fifty-two (15%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 90 (26%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of MMAP and BAP attended the sitting.
- Five minority lawmakers were present.
- Chairman Standing committee on Religious Affairs and lnter-faith Harmony presented report of the Committee on the Protection of Communal Properties of Minorities (Amendment) Bill, 2020.
- Chairman Standing Committee on Interior presented report of the Committee on the Islamabad Capital Territory Charities Registration, Regulation and Facilitation Bill, 2020.
- Parliamentary Secretary for Finance presented the annual report of the Board of Directors of State Bank of Pakistan on the state of Pakistan’s Economy for the year, 2019-20, first quarterly report of the Board of Directors of State Bank of Pakistan on the state of the Economy for the year, 2020- 21 and the Fiscal and Debt Policy Statements for the year 2021.
- The House neither considered the legislative business, a motion of thanks nor took up two Calling Attention Notices appearing on the agenda.
Representation and Responsiveness
- PTI MNA moved a motion about increasing inflation especially food inflation, price hike in petroleum products, gas and electricity. Three lawmakers including Minister for Power Division participated in debate on it and spoke for 54 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Four lawmaker including Minister Planning, Development and Special Initiatives and Advisor to Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs spoke on points of order for eight minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet gain on February 22, 2021 (Monday) at 1600 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, November 30, 2021: The National Council of Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) elected its new chairperson Ms. Mossarat Qadeem on November 29, 2021…
Islamabad, November 24, 2021: The Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) has categorically rejected the barrage of allegations, slander and insinuations being levelled by its…
ISLAMABAD, November 24, 2021: The Sindh Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed except question hour on Wednesday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…