ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2015: The National Assembly left its entire agenda unaddressed on Monday during second sitting of its 26th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
The House offered prayers for deceased PPPP lawmaker Makhdoom Amin Fahim.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceeding
- The National Assembly met for forty minutes
- The sitting started at 1635 hours against the scheduled time of 1600 hours
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting while the Deputy Speaker was not present in the House
- The Prime Minister did not attend the sitting
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting
- 79 MNAs (23%) were present at outset and 71 (20%) at adjournment of the sitting
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, JI, APML, and BNP were present
- Three minority members were present
Order and Institutionalization
- Eleven lawmakers spoke on as many Points of Order consuming thirty minutes of the proceeding. The members paid their tribute to late Makhdom Amin Fahim.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
To download factsheet, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
Session Prorogued ISLAMABAD, October 29, 2020: The National Assembly passed two government bills and adopted three resolutions to extend the timeline of as many ordinances, observes…
ISLAMABAD, October 28, 2020: The National Assembly left 98 percent of its agenda unaddressed on Wednesday due to the opposition’s protests, walkouts and quorum issue, observes…
ISLAMABAD, October 26, 2020: The National Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution on Monday, condemning blasphemous caricatures as well as French President Emmanuel Macron’s hateful comments…