ISLAMABAD, January 29, 2021: The National Assembly left 82 percent of its agenda unaddressed and discussed a privilege motion of PML-N lawmaker, observers Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet on Friday.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during fourth sitting of the 28th session:
- The National Assembly met for an hour and 30 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1114 hours against the scheduled time of 1100 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leaders of the House (Prime Minister) and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- As many as 58 (17%) lawmakers were present at the outset and 97 (28%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP and BAP attended the sitting.
- Five minority lawmakers were present.
- Chairman Standing Committee on Planning, Development and Special Initiatives presented report of the Committee on the Public Private Partnership Authority Act, 2017 and the China Pakistan Economic Corridor Authority Bill, 2020.
On behalf of Chairman Standing Committee on Law and Justice, a member of the Committee presented report of the Committee on the Constitution (twenty-sixth Amendment) Bill, 2020.
- The House did not consider the legislative business, a motion of thanks and seven periodical reports of the various Standing Committees.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up 11 out of 29 starred questions while lawmakers asked 19 supplementary questions as well.
Order and Institutionalization
- A PML-N lawmaker moved a privilege motion against officials of district administration Lahore for demolishing his legal property in Johar town. Advisor to Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs opposed this motion following which the Speaker reserved his ruling on it.
- The House was adjourned the meet again on February 1, 2021 (Monday) at 1700 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) took up entire agenda and adopted two resolutions on Monday, observes Fee and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The National Assembly left 95 percent agenda unaddressed on Monday amidst absence of the Leaders of the House and the Opposition,…
ISLAMABAD, September 20, 2021: The Sindh Assembly took up entire agenda and adopted one resolution on Monday, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in…