ISLAMABAD, February 26, 2016: The National Assembly passed two government bills on Friday during 11th sitting of 29th session, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN).
The House was prorogued following the conclusion of its business.
Following are some key observations of the House proceeding:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The National Assembly met for three hours and four minutes.
- The sitting started at 1010 hours against its scheduled time of 1000 hours.
- The Deputy Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Speaker, the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Five Federal Ministers attended the sitting.
- 32 MNAs (9%) were present at outset and 26 (7%) at adjournment of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PkMAP, PML-Z, ANP, QWP-S and APML were present.
- Seven minority members were present.
- Seven lawmakers debated the Islamabad Capital Territory Local Government (Amendment) Bill, 2015 for 15 minutes. It was passed with majority vote.
- Five legislators debated the National Energy Efficiency and Conservation Bill, 2015 for seven minutes. It was passed unanimously while two amendments to the bill were also approved.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The government orally responded to 13 out of 30 starred questions appearing on the agenda. The lawmakers asked 22 supplementary questions as well.
- The government replied to two Calling Attention Notices regarding inaction of the government to stop the disease of pollen allergy in Islamabad and non-payment of fees of 20,000 children of private industrial workers from the Workers Welfare Fund.
Order and Institutionalization
- Lawmakers spoke on four points of order consuming 25 minutes of the proceeding.
- A PPPP lawmaker pointed out quorum at 1131 hours. However, it was found complete on counting.
- A PTI lawmaker again pointed out quorum at 1314 hours. Instead of ascertaining the quorum, the Chair announced the prorogation of the House.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on website of National Assembly.
To download the factsheet in Urdu, click here
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the National Assembly proceeding conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted.
ISLAMABAD, February 17, 2020: The National Assembly passed three government bills on Monday and adopted a resolution to extend an Ordinance, observes the Free and Fair…
ISLAMABAD, February 14, 2020: The National Assembly deferred debate on economic situation in the country due to absence of relevant ministers in the House, observes the…
ISLAMABAD, February 14, 2020: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan addressed the Joint Session of Parliament for the fourth time on Friday, says Free and Fair…